getting started with WinSCP

Advertisement

boe

getting started with WinSCP

How do i start using this tool, i just heard about this tool a few ago and downloaded it, but i can't seem to get it going.
I have a smoothwall firewall box that i would like to upload some domain names to but i can't seem to do, so i need all the help i can get.

Thank You
Davfin

Advertisement

ajacobs

Re: getting started with WinSCP

martin wrote:

And what's the problem? Any error message? Or log file?

I have this same problem. I type in the name of my firewall, and user name and password, all other choices in WinSCP are default. The error is "Host Does not exist." I have ssh enabled in my Smoothwall, and I use port 222, which is the port used by Smoothwall. I have a valid user name and password. I tried with the name of my smoothwall and the IP address.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

ajacobs wrote:

I have this same problem. I type in the name of my firewall, and user name and password, all other choices in WinSCP are default. The error is "Host Does not exist." I have ssh enabled in my Smoothwall, and I use port 222, which is the port used by Smoothwall. I have a valid user name and password. I tried with the name of my smoothwall and the IP address.
With what clients are you able to connect to your firewall? Can you try to connect with Putty?

nick

martin wrote:

And what's the problem?

problem is there is no HELP file for numpty like me, who knows nothing about ssh file transfer. but in defence of my own complaint.

It worked , I got a file across! F knows how....

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum