Support ACL for SFTP

Advertisement

Advertisement

Teka

Re: Support ACL for SFTP

martin wrote:

I do not know of any server supporting the feature. Do you?

That's a good reason :(

But I'm working on a OpenSource project (MySecureShell: https://github.com/mysecureshell/mysecureshell). ;)
And I'll implement Sftp protocol 4 and 5 (for the moment no support of acl).

Are you interested by working together for support more features on sftp protocol ?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Teka wrote:

Are you interested by working together for support more features on sftp protocol ?
Sure :-) What do you plan?

Teka

martin wrote:

Teka wrote:

Sure :-) What do you plan?

For the moment support full sftp protocol v5 and some extensions like (disk-usage is already supported) copy support, ... ;)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Teka wrote:

For the moment support full sftp protocol v5 and some extensions like (disk-usage is already supported) copy support, ... ;)
OK, I'll try to test your server :-)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Teka wrote:

Come on our forum and i'll gave you an alpha version with support acl (in theory since i can't test :oops: ) :D
Will come, once I find time for testing. Thanks!

Advertisement

tyrel

For the record, commercial SFTP server implementations seem to be holding back on ACLs and other SFTP features because there's no client support. There seems to be a chicken-or-the-egg thing going on here and it has been for a couple years at least. Someone needs to take the first leap, and my guess is it's not going to be the commercial vendors.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

tyrel wrote:

For the record, commercial SFTP server implementations seem to be holding back on ACLs and other SFTP features because there's no client support. There seems to be a chicken-or-the-egg thing going on here and it has been for a couple years at least. Someone needs to take the first leap, and my guess is it's not going to be the commercial vendors.
I'm aware of that. But it is hard to implement anything when I do not have a server to test it against. While most server vendors have client application as well, so they can test it.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum