Password Twice

Advertisement

skipper

Password Twice

WinSCP always asks me for my password after I save changes to the first file I edit. When I login I enter my username and password, and after I edit my first file and save it, WinSCP asks for my password again, but never after that. Is that the expected behavior and if so, why? If I already authenticated, why do I have to do it again?

Great program by the way. :D

Advertisement

Advertisement

Anonymous Eagle

Remember password of main session for background transfers doesn't work for RSA tokens

The issue still persists as I am using RSA tokens for login.
My setup involves using tunnels which makes it even more hard.

Inorder to reach my target server, I have to go through a gateway server using tunnel. Both these servers use rsa secureid token logins which take a minute for new tokens to generate.

When Logging in,
First I login to Gateway server with 1 RSA token (and wait for tokens to change)
Next I login to target server with new RSA token

When editing a file for the first time, again the login prompts appear
I login again to Gateway server with another new RSA token
Then I login again to target server with yet another new RSA token.

This is a painstaking process as this connection terminates at times and I have to go through the entire process again.

My question is "Can I bypass the second login prompts when editing a file as I have already authenticated the first time?"

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Remember password of main session for background transfers doesn't work for RSA tokens

Anonymous Eagle wrote:

My question is "Can I bypass the second login prompts when editing a file as I have already authenticated the first time?"
I have added this issue to the tracker:
https://winscp.net/tracker/1955
You can vote for it there.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum