Mapping to Windows Drives

Advertisement

ijbrown

Mapping to Windows Drives

It would be nice to be able to map a particular remote SCP directory to a windows drive. It would make working with SCP seamless and simple. There was a product, the name of it slips my mind right now, but it allowed me to map a drive to a FTP session. It was wonderful, but no encrypted...

Advertisement

Mapping Drives

I've seen this feature requested several times within this fourm. It's a great idea. I think the product you're thinking about (that maps FTP sessions to remote windows drives, is Webdrive. It's a sweet little product... Hopefully WinSCP will incorporate this feature soon too...

Did a little research on this myself. Turns out you need the DDK, which you can only download with an MSDN subscription. I found the source for a RAMDrive which works very similarly and was going to use that to figure out how exactly to do it.

Ramdisk link

<invalid link removed>
Appears to be based on the sample drive from MS DDK documentation. It seems you can get MS to send you the DDK for free, but the shipping is $15.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Ramdisk link

Anonymous wrote:

<invalid link removed>
Appears to be based on the sample drive from MS DDK documentation. It seems you can get MS to send you the DDK for free, but the shipping is $15.
I have to investigate it further, however it seems that this is not, what I need. The RAMDrive driver just provides storage to Windows, which uses it to store FAT filesystem. So it is too low-level. What I have to do is to emulate the actual filesystem. In other words, RAMdrive read/writes bytes, while I need to read/write files.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum