Winrar Drag&Drop Support

Advertisement

Advertisement

vartaxe

no :( i can't drag files from within a winrar archive using winrar 3.71... also is there no way to do auto refresh? also i would love a feature to search through ftp :mrgreen:

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

vartaxe wrote:

no :( i can't drag files from within a winrar archive using winrar 3.71...
It works for me (with winrar 3.70). Where do you exactly drag the files from? And where do you drop them to? What happens once your drop? What version of WinSCP and Windows are you using?

lso is there no way to do auto refresh?
This issue is being tracked already.

also i would love a feature to search through ftp :mrgreen:
This issue is also being tracked already.

vartaxe

win xp pro sp2 x86, winrar 3.71, winscp 4.0.7
<invalid hyperlink removed by admin> (<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>)
to get this done i have to extract the files to a folder and then from explorer drag and drop it...

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Are you able to drag to windows explorer (desktop)?

WinRAR uses the same mechanism to allow drag&drop to other application as WinSCP does (see documentation). Hence you need to have the RarExt.dll shell extension installed and loaded. Maybe you have not installed/registered it. Or you have not restarted your computer yet since installation.

vartaxe

a few minutes ago i downoaded the latest winscp here in a pc from a friend and it won't drag&drop with winrar just like it happens to me at home weird.

i will now try on another pc running vista...

also to bad winscp don't autorefresh... like when im working on a ftp folder and someone else add files there too i won't see them until i refresh every folder...

Advertisement

ozzytheking

winscp to 7-zip and winrar, drag & drop works

Drag and drop from Winscp to 7-zip v4.65 and Winrar v3.70 works as it should. If there is a problem, it is not about Winscp.

My
Winscp: 4.2.4 beta

Reply with quote E-mail

Justin Schmidt

drag and drop now disabled since I downloaded winRar

If anyone knows how to help me fix this problem I'd be most appreciative to hear your advice. Ever since I installed WinRar on my computer to be able to some recently purchased video clips I have no longer been able to drag files around on my desktop or within any programs. I can still move around open windows once I click on files, but I can no longer move around items on my desktop, or much worse, I can no longer move around audio files with my music production software. Big problem. Any advice is most appreciated. I have already tried removing WinRAR and it didn't help. Please reply to williamwolfgangschmidt@gmail.com if you have any advice

Advertisement

vartaxe

just wanted to say i still have this issue :?

<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>

just installed winscp in a another laptop from a friend a it's exactly the same problem :cry:

vartaxe

it's just weird i can't get this to work... winscp fault or winrar fault i don't lnow but every pc i try it's the same problem... with xp vista seven 32 or 64 bits... stable winrar beta version... ive tested everything

vartaxe

i got a response from eugene/winrar dev team

> then there is something very annoying i actively use winscp as a
> ftp client when i drag and drop from winscp to desktop everything
> goes fine and from desktop to winscp too but when i open a archive
> with winrar and select a few files and drag and drop them to winscp
> it won't happen anything...

Now I tried to find a reason of this problem and failed to do it. DoDragDrop just returns DRAGDROP_S_CANCEL, which means that drag and drop operation is cancelled. WinRAR drag and drop works well with all other programs, which I tested. It may require to /\nalyze a lot of WinScp source code to find out the reason of problem. Maybe we'll do it sometimes, though I am not sure about it now. Sorry.

btw i had to edit the quote cause i couldn't post it as it should be. the forum replied with can't use "/\nal*" but the word "/\nalyze" doesn't have anything todo with that...

hope this may help further investigation

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

vartaxe wrote:

i got a response from eugene/winrar dev team...
I have sent you an email with request for contact to Eugene/WinRar dev team.

Advertisement

Advertisement

tebs

drag and drop bug

hi,

i have been having this issue for a while and would like your help.

everytime I open a winrar file saved in a folder, say folder A, and drag and drop the file to any folder, say folder B, as a shortcut for extracting, all the other contents of folder A including the contents of the winrar file gets 'extracted' to folder B. so if the winrar file is saved in a temp folder and i drag and drop the contents to any folder as a way of extracting it, the entire temp folder contents gets copied to that said folder. someone might have the same problem as me and i really need to have this fixed. thanks.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: drag and drop bug

tebs wrote:

everytime I open a winrar file saved in a folder, say folder A, and drag and drop the file to any folder, say folder B, as a shortcut for extracting, all the other contents of folder A including the contents of the winrar file gets 'extracted' to folder B. so if the winrar file is saved in a temp folder and i drag and drop the contents to any folder as a way of extracting it, the entire temp folder contents gets copied to that said folder. someone might have the same problem as me and i really need to have this fixed. thanks.
I do not see a relation to WinSCP.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum