Tabs in Winscp

Advertisement

ozzytheking

Tabs in Winscp

I use Winscp very often and i realized that if there were tab property in winscp like Firefox web browser, we could handle files faster and effectively with different directories at the same time. I hope new versions will include this property :)

Advertisement

gim

I do think so

I do think so. Because tab browsing, I cannot change my ftp client to WinSCP from TotalCommander.

I really hope new versions will include this property.

Mir

I would really appreciate this feature, because I don't like many WinSCP windows open...
Meanwhile I was searching for other free SCP client with tabbed interface, but have not found any.

rojer_31

Misunderstanding?

I think prikryl misunderstood the request. I believe the request is for a single session to have the capability to have multiple tabs with each tab in a different folder.

I would really like to have this feature, as I spend half the day in winscp & have really gotten used to the power of tabs in total commander.

Hope this request is given some priority for future development!

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Misunderstanding?

rojer_31 wrote:

I think prikryl misunderstood the request. I believe the request is for a single session to have the capability to have multiple tabs with each tab in a different folder.
This is questionable, I believe both would be useful. Also you can have multiple sessions connected to a single server, so it would cover actually both use cases.

macinville

apologies for late motion

Sorry if I bumped on this old thread, but I would just like to follow-up on this request.

I'm used to Krusader in Ubuntu, wherein I can create multiple tabs on both panels (left and right), and enables the user to freely connect to any computer or directory since each tabs has its own address bar. When I work at home, I use Windows, I use WinSCP a lot. I just think it will add convenience to WinSCP fanatics if this will be included in the future release.

More power to you guys! I'll donate to your project if I get promoted this month :)

chimptastic

total commander

so i hadn't consdered using TC for generic file xfer and management. It took about 4 minutes to set up, doesn't automatically convert to dos line endings (unlike winscp and my LEAST favorite feature), does what i need with file management and is a tabbed interface so i don't burn time renavigating to the same directories.

"multiple sessions" is not really even a work-around. each session is pretty picky about the connections it opens.

So yeah Total Commander seems to be a more than viable solution.

C_CLuber

background copy mode

Hello!
Update the program and evaluated tabs - really cool feature.
Really miss mode background copy / move files. If this possibility is, tell me how to turn it on.

Thank you!

Advertisement

C_CLuber

Re: background copy mode

C_CLuber wrote:

Hello!
Update the program and evaluated tabs - really cool feature.
Really miss mode background copy / move files. If this possibility is, tell me how to turn it on.
Thank you!
I'm registered is now

PhungLe

It's simple. Use can do following these below steps to get your answer.
It's not the same with total commander(TC).
And you just can open many "tab" with Linux.

Steps :
1. Session > Duplicate session
2. Select your folder that you want focus.
3. You can switch your folder by use hot key Alt + 1, 2....

Hope it help!

Regards,
Phung Le.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum