Rebooting a connected device crashes WinSCP

Advertisement

Pokersut

Rebooting a connected device crashes WinSCP

I use WinSCP to make SSH connections into my Synology NAS and Logitech Duet Controller.

Both of these devices have a reboot command that, when issued via the Terminal, makes the device reboot.

This works well, but WinSCP has a problem handling it: Naturally the connection to the device is lost when it reboots, but WinSCP freezes, and the cursor changes to an hourglass.

If you switch to another application and then back to WinSCP, the graphics are gone - i.e. only the blue titlebar of the main window and the terminal window are visible, but the inside of both is just white.

The only option is to force a shutdown (Ctrl-Alt-Delete and kill the WinSCP process in WinXP). After that, WinSCP starts up fine again.

Can this be fixed? When a connection is lost, I would expect WinSCP to give an error, and then return to the list of stored sessions.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Rebooting a connected device crashes WinSCP

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum