Question:Custom Permission Setting Depending File Types

Advertisement

Silvia1000

Question:Custom Permission Setting Depending File Types

On current viersion of WinSCP、How can I predefine permissions of uploading files depend on its file types , such as .html .php or a folder? I want to predefine UID GID Sticky bit also. These files with different file types and folders will be uploaded at once rather than separately.

For example, I am uploading a folder which name is test_folder. In the test_folder, there is a php file which name is test_php.php and a html file which name is test_html.html. I want to set WinSCP so that, at the completion of the upload, the permission of test_folder will be 2755 (2 sand for GID), the permission of test_php.php will be 0755 and the permission of test_html.html will be 0644. These folders and files will be uploaded at once rather than separately.

Please someone tell me step by step explanation of how can I do what I want to do above, or tell me URL of site which explain the way of doing it.

I asked the same question above a few years ago. But, at that time, WinSCP did not have capability of predefining permissions of uploading files depend on its file types.
I am hoping WinSCP has the capability now.

I am currently using version 4.1.6. However, if I need to update to do what I want to do above, I will update WinSCP.

Advertisement

Silvia1000

Re: Question:Custom Permission Setting Depending File Types

Thank you prikryl for responding to my question.

martin wrote:

WinSCP still cannot do that.
Ok, but please consider to put the feature. I hope.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum