Get the recent files of two different filename patterns.

Advertisement

Kel.W

Get the recent files of two different filename patterns.

Hi Admin and all,

Hope you are doing well. I have an urgent question to ask..

I am new to use WinSCP. Recently, I am asked to download two files with different patterns from a remote directory via WinSCP. That directory contains files with naming like Fin_REPORT_100410.csv, User_REPORT_180410.csv, Asset_Report_100310.csv..etc. Obviously, the number are referring to the DDMMYY format... The files are generated weekly.

So, my question is... How can I use a script to get the latest files with only the pattern of Fin_Report_ and Asset_Report_ ?

Regards,
Kelvin

Advertisement

Kel.W

I tried the example script - Downloading the most recent file. It works. However, it can only download only one file...

What I wanted to achieve is to download the most recent files with two different filename patterns in the same remote directory... The file names are as below:

1.) ABC_Report_120410.csv.Z
2.) DEF_Report_120410.csv.Z

So, the naming convention of the files is filename_DDMMYY where the DDMMYY is different by weekly based...

Could someone be so kind to help me out??

Regards,
Kel.W

KEL.W

martin wrote:

So modify the script to obtain the latest files within sets of files matching either pattern.

Hi Prikryl,

Thanks for your reply. Would you mind to tell me what and where should I put into the example script to make this works? (Really need your help as I am not a tech guy... : ) )

Regards,
Kel.W

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

KEL.W wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Would you mind to tell me what and where should I put into the example script to make this works? (Really need your help as I am not a tech guy... : ) )
Sorry, I do not have a time to prepare scripts for you.

WTH

Most useless answer ever?

martin wrote:

So modify the script to obtain the latest files within sets of files matching either pattern.

This answer deserves a medal for the most useless answer I've seen in a while... The OP states that he doesn't know how to do that and this whole thread is about "HOW", and you simply tell him that he should *DO* it without explaining *HOW*? Heck, I came here from google hoping to find a *HOW*, not this dumb answer...

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum