Command Line Support

Advertisement

agf

Command Line Support

Is there command line support for WinSCP? If so, how can I use the new directory sync from a batch file?

Advertisement

richardw

I'd certainly vote for that as a feature as I have a slow sftp site that I need to hold locally as well, synchronise functionality helps me a lot but being able to setup a nightly job to do the same where I can specify the directory structures to pull down and the location to synch off would be amazing :)

pesi

Re: Command Line Support

martin wrote:

This is not possible, but I may add it.

Yes please - that would be a great improvement to a good product.

richardw

I've just thought this through a bit more and it would need to have a text output or logging feature as well so that you can keep and eye on the status of the sync process and ensure it is working properly

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

richardw wrote:

I've just thought this through a bit more and it would need to have a text output or logging feature as well so that you can keep and eye on the status of the sync process and ensure it is working properly
Sure. I'm considering ability to process script file and output results to Windows console.

chargen

/sync from comand line would be great

I'll third (or whatever it is by now) a request for /sync from command line ability. That'd be totally awesome. I want to copy an 8+gb file... pscp can't do it... it craps out just after 4gb. winscp can copy the whole thing, now I just need to automate it!

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum