pass new folder/directory name on cmdline for stored session

Advertisement

nitram

pass new folder/directory name on cmdline for stored session

I am running ver 4.2.7 on WinXPSP3. I am submitting this as feature request because I cannot find a way to do this after studying the documentation and running numerous tests.

I want to open WinSCP.exe (GUI) to a saved session, but to a different folder than the session default, by passing a command line parameter for different folder. For instance, say I have a saved session called 'mysession' which includes pwd, and which has a default directory of /home/myfolder.

When I execute this cmd line:

WinSCP.exe mysession

it opens to the default directory for that saved session (/home/myfolder'). However, say I want to open a different folder, e.g. '/home/myfolder/subfolder/'. I would like to pass this different folder along with the saved session name on the cmdline, like this:

winscp.exe mysession /home/myfolder/subfolder/

I have tried to make this work, but it does not appear to be possible, hence the feature request.

I realize I can save a separate stored sessions for the same server, each with it's own default folder. However, when I change my server pwd, I need to change the saved pwd for each and every stored session to that server. I might have several if I have to save a separate session for each folder. I would be much easier to have a single saved session and be able to pass the folder path on the cmdline.

What I want is to have a single saved session then be able to open to different folders for this session by passing a cmd line parameters. I realize this can be done by invoking a new session on cmdline:

winscp.exe [(sftp|ftp|scp)://][user[:password]@]host[:port][/path/[file]]

but this means I have to script my user:pwd whenever I call this. What I want is to use a stored session and just pass the folder on the cmdline, overriding any default folder saved in that stored_session.

I did think of one way to do it. I use an INI file, so I could parse/filter a copy of the INI, change the remote directory parameter for the relevant session, then pass that batch-edited INI filespec to WinSCP.exe on the cmdline. This works, but it would be much easier to just pass the directory on cmdline with the saved session name.

Chris

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum