problem downloading file/directory

Advertisement

LazyDayzofSummer

Hi,

I have version 4.2.7 (build 758) of winscp.
I have windows xp.
I'm new to the program and I seem to have logged in successfully, but I can't seem to copy any remote files to my computer. I can see the list of remote files I want to copy to my computer. When i try to copy one, it says it is trying to calculate directory size, but it stays at 0% for 15 seconds or so and then I get the following error message:

Timeout detected.
Could not retrieve directory listing
Transfer complete.
Error listing directory '/file name/'
Error calculating size of directory '/filename/'.

I don't know if it means anything or not, but the remote files I can see don't list a file size.

Any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks

Advertisement

LazyDaysofSummer

Me again. I'm still trying to get it to work...
I have read many of the guides and forums.
I have tried the connection in passive mode...
I have tried with the firewall off - even uninstalled and reinstalled.
I have added the host website and the winscp program to my Norton as "allowed"
I even tried with the Norton off - uninstalled and reinstalled.

I can see the directories/files that are on the remote server, but I can't seem to access them! I unclicked an option that says, "show inaccesible directories". The files/directories disappear so I am assuming I'm not "really" connected.
Any one else have any ideas?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: problem downloading file/directory

Please post a full log file showing the problem.

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. For posting extensive logs you may use pastebin or similar application. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you may email it to me. You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile. Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have emailed the log.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum