Windows 7 synchronisation problem due to timestamps

Advertisement

I_love_this_programme

Windows 7 synchronisation problem due to timestamps

Hi,

I am using WinSCP 4.2.8 and have problems with "Synchronize" since the update from 4.2.7 (probably related to bug 564) using Windows 7 64bit.

The times displayed under "Changed" in the normal interface look perfectly fine and are equal for local and remote files (DST correction on remote correctly applied). I now do the following:
1) Copy a remote folder to a local directory (time displayed under "Changed" is equal)
2) Run Synchronize (Crtl+S) with Direction/Target directory option "Both"

Now the time of the local files displayed under "Changed" is 1h (DST time difference) ahead of the remote files (same problem for option "Remote") and it wants to copy all the files to remote. Using "Local" seems to work as expected ("No differences found").

Thanks a lot for this programme I really love it!

Advertisement

I_love_this_programme

Addition

Maybe I should add that I have the same problem with SCP and SFTP so it seems unrelated to the protocol.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Windows 7 synchronisation problem due to timestamps

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Re: Windows 7 synchronisation problem due to timestamps

martin wrote:

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

E-Mail sent!

wgtwalker

I too have DST synchronisation problems with winscp 4.2.8

I too have problems with synchronisation, synchronising files from a local Win7 machine to a remote Unix machine, using SFTP.
Under Winscp 4.2.7, "synchronise" works OK.
Under Winscp 4.2.8, "synchronise" identifies files with a DST difference as being different and wants to copy them; I let it copy them but the next synchronise STILL identifies those (now re-copied) files as being different.
I have reverted back to Winscp 4.2.7 and the synchronise works again - so it really is due to a difference between 4.2.7 and 4.2.8 - possibly bugfix 564.
Like the previous poster, I will try sending you an e-mail.

I am using the GUI "Synchronise local directory with remote directory (Ctrl+S) command.
Server/Protocol Information:
Session protocol = SSH-2
SSH implementation = OpenSSH_3.8.1p1 FreeBSD-20040419
Encryption algorithm = aes
Compression = No
File transfer protocol = SFTP-3
------------------------------------------------------------
Server host key fingerprint
ssh-dss 1024 07:a3:5e:ce:9a:19:fd:7d:70:eb:59:59:a2:26:69:1c
Can change permissions = Yes
Can change owner/group = Yes
Can execute arbitrary command = No
Can create symlink/hardlink = Yes/No
Can lookup user groups = No
Can duplicate remote files = No
Can check available space = No
Can calculate file checksum = No
Native text (ASCII) mode transfers = No
Additional information
The server does not support any SFTP extension.

Advertisement

mdmower
Donor

Same issue. Screenshot

I'm having the same issue with timestamps. Here's a screenshot showing WinSCP with correct file browsing timestamps, but incorrect Synchronization timestamps. This issue did not occur with 4.27.

Server: WinSSHD 5.18
4.27 Settings: Environment (click "Windows" server type button)
4.28 Settings: End-of-line: CR/LF, DST: Adjust remote to local (have also tried adjust remote to DST)

<invalid link removed>

noftpanymore
Donor

Me too. SFTP, W7 32 Bit. I only overwrote winscp.exe and .com with the new 4.28, saw that all files on the server can not be wrong like that, changed winscp.exe and .com back to 4.27 and everything is ok again.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum