Edit Session settings

Advertisement

adem

Edit Session settings

Hi,

I may have missed it, but I did look hard.

There doesn't seem to be a way to edit a (previously saved) session settings.

Not making this available for active session (or reminding the user that s/he has to reconnect once these are altered) makes sense, but it would be very helpful if I could edit a previously saved session setting. ATM, all can do is delete the old one and create a new one (while making a note of what the previous one's settings were).

TVMIA,
--Adem

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Edit Session settings

Press Load on Stored sessions tab, edit the options and press Save. It believe that it is obvious. Maybe not :-(

martin wrote:

Press Load on Stored sessions tab, edit the options and press Save. It believe that it is obvious. Maybe not :-(

Not to me :-)

I dont see any 'Load' menu anywhere. Under 'Saved Sessions' I have my prev saved sessions, but the moment I select one it gets activated.

I guess what I am looking for is another tree item called 'Sessions' with the 'saved sessions' as subitems. Then I could modify them with
-- Add
-- Edit
-- Delete
-- Save
etc buttons or popup menus.

BTW, I am not sure if it is because of the copatibility with Norton, but shouldn't the 'Local' and 'Remote' menus be a submenu of 'View' menu.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

ciTtBdohrJ4= wrote:

I dont see any 'Load' menu anywhere. Under 'Saved Sessions' I have my prev saved sessions, but the moment I select one it gets activated.
On the "Stored sessions" tab, there is "Load" button on the right (second from the top). Select a session you want to modify, please Load. Than make modifications and press "Save" on the bottom to save the changes.

davebarnes

I finally found it.

I was also trying to fugure out how to edit existing sessions.
It is not obvious as "stored sessions" only appears in the login window right after you launch WinSCP. Once you have the main WinSCP window open, there appears to be no way to edit session info.

,dave

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: I finally found it.

davebarnes wrote:

I was also trying to fugure out how to edit existing sessions.
It is not obvious as "stored sessions" only appears in the login window right after you launch WinSCP. Once you have the main WinSCP window open, there appears to be no way to edit session info.
I'm not sure what you mean. Do you want to change settings of opened session or just manage the stored sessions while main window is opened?

If the first is true, what options do you want to change?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum