Local timestamp one hour ahead in synchronize list

Advertisement

gallde

Local timestamp one hour ahead in synchronize list

Using: WinSCP V.4.2.8 Build 818 on Windows 7
Logged in via SFTP

Weird behavior: Timestamps are fine on normal listing, and file compare works fine. But when I do a Synchronize preview, the LOCAL files (on my PC) are listed as advanced by one hour, so no longer match the remote. The setting for DST in the session does not make a difference. I have tried to find a solution to this in the forums to no avail. Any help?

Advertisement

ds316

Re: Local timestamp one hour ahead in synchronize list

Hi,

similar problem, assume the same:
- Client 4.2.8 running on W2K3 SP2
- Host is W2K8.
- Time and timezone exactly same both servers.
- Files have same timestamp on client and server, however winscp synchronisation script considers server files to be one hour ahead of the client side.
- SFTP protocol.
- happens both from command line and from GUI.

Is this the same issue, and if so how would I go about getting the 4.2.9 code?

Advertisement

johnstonj99

I am having a the same problem. Where do I download version 4.2.9?

Thanks!

Advertisement

pet

Can you send me the newest version 4.2.9 please
to solve my problem with synchronization of my Win7 PC with a Linux server?

niver

Using 4.2.9 on Win7 x64, I get the same problem as 4.2.8.

With 4.2.7, using the sftp protocol, everything is working, all timestamps are synchronized. When I upgrade to 4.2.9, all timestamps on the server are one hour behind the local timestamps, in both the file list and the Synchronize dialog.

The DST setting is set "Adjust remote timestamp to local conventions", but if I set it to "Adjust remote timestamp with DST", the problem becomes even worse, with a 2-hours difference between files that should have the same one.

The remote server is not on the same timezone than I, but this shouldn't make any difference for the SFTP protocol.

Did I do something wrong? Why is 4.2.9 different from 4.2.7 regarding timezones?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

niver wrote:

With 4.2.7, using the sftp protocol, everything is working, all timestamps are synchronized. When I upgrade to 4.2.9, all timestamps on the server are one hour behind the local timestamps, in both the file list and the Synchronize dialog.
What if you upload new file? Would it have a correct timestamp? Also when talking about timestamps on the server, do you mean timestamp you see in the file panel or actual timestamp (e.g. in console)?

niver

Thanks for the heads up, I was simply assuming 4.2.7 was correct, while it was one hour off. A mere resync of the timestamps in 4.2.9 will likely fix my issue.

Advertisement

goog49

I'm using 4.3.3. same problem. Working it for a couple hours now. Can't find a way to enter the timezone offset in any 'login dialog'. That's as close as I got to a solution. The server only uses plain FTP, not SCP or SFTP. The server uses UTC, I'm using EDST.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum