Synchronize function slow compared to normal manual download

Advertisement

Synchronize function slow compared to normal manual download

Hi All,

I'm using WinSCP 4.2.8 (build 818) and wanted to use the sync function but it won't utilise the full bandwidth like when using the normal (manual) download function - you know when it appears in the queue list. Using Sync it will only download at 100kb but if I transfer the exact same file from the same site using the normal route, it will utilise the full bandwidth (about 400kb/s). I'm using an sftp site (port 22) and made sure Speed is set to unlimited. Please could someone help me understand why the sync function is so much slower than the manual route?

It would also be good to have a facility to display the files which need to be sync'd in the queue window rather than just have a summary prompt window displaying the time left. Can this option be setup in a future release?

Many thanks in advance

RodP

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Synchronize function slow compared to normal manual download

What is the speed like when you transfer files on foreground (not using queue)?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply...It's like 200 to 400k/s in the queue window where as foreground it's 100kb/s or less. Enabling the sync function to use the queue would also allow more than one download at a time thus utilising more bandwidth too.

Let me know if you can replicate this at your end.

Thanks

Rodp

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum