Invalid Access to memory error: 4.3 beta

Advertisement

a7ndrew

Invalid Access to memory error: 4.3 beta

Hi, Just to let you know I am getting an "Invalid access to memory" error in 4.3 beta, when pressing connect to server. I am running Win 7 Professional, 64 bit. I dropped back to 4.29 which works fine.

Advertisement

Cecco

Re: Invalid Access to memory error: 4.3 beta

a7ndrew wrote:

Hi, Just to let you know I am getting an "Invalid access to memory" error in 4.3 beta, when pressing connect to server. I am running Win 7 Professional, 64 bit. I dropped back to 4.29 which works fine.

Same your problem with 4.3 beta.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Sacrejaune

I have the same problem with the 4.3 beta. It doesn't matter where I try to connect I always get "Invalid access to memory" error message right after pressing Login.
My OS is Windows XP Home with Service Pack 3.

Advertisement

AJC

On a fully patched (to end of life) Windows 2000 Pro box 4.3 Beta produces the same "Invalid access to memory" as other report. This was an "update" from 4.2.6 Build 721.

pb

I'm getting the same error with 4.3. Existing connections in winscp.ini work fine, but I can't create any new connections or edit existing connections. I've tried running as administrator and a regular user -- both produce the error.

AJC wrote:

On a fully patched (to end of life) Windows 2000 Pro box 4.3 Beta produces the same "Invalid access to memory" as other report. This was an "update" from 4.2.6 Build 721.

I neglected to add that 4.2.9 Build 938 works perfectly on 2000 Pro.

AJC

On Windows XP-Pro (32 bit) 4.3.Beta (Build 1029) fails "EPrivilege" attempting to connect. Reverting to 4.2.9 (938) its ok.

Advertisement

t33r0y

Invalid Access to Memory

Same error here on Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise edition running WinSCP 4.3.0 (Build 1029). This appears to only happen when connecting to a site using the 'New' button and manually entering in connection information. My saved sessions appear to be working just fine.

Rakushun

Same for me. Win 7, 64 bit, Version 4.3.0 beta (Debug+Release Version), Build 1029.

If I click on a saved session and hit the "Login" button, WinSCP connects smoothly. If I click on a saved session, hit the "Edit" button, change the username and hit the "Login" button (without saving the session), either WinSCP crashes completely or there is an "Invalid access to memory" message box.

I have a debug log at hand if desired.

Advertisement

rojaro

Win XP SP3, 32 bit, Version 4.3.0, Build 1029.

I get the "EPrivilege" error message when i try to use FTP. Using tcpdump to monitor the FTP server, i also noticed that it doesnt receive a connection at all, so it looks to me that the problem occurs before WinSCP actually tries to open the connection.

However, SFTP/SCP work without problems :)

Aguest2

same problem

Installed WinSCP 4.3 (build 1029) on WinXP Professional SP3, same error "Invalid access to memory"

One user mentioned the workaround of using a saved session. Confirmed, created a new saved session allowed me to connect.

Ps: having the registry update included is really annoying. I had a user install it despite me asking her to unclick it, and she had to reboot. It should NOT be the default option!

ckg

Re: same problem

Win7 64 bit, same error "Invalid access to memory". Also confirmed that you can save the session then open that saved session.

Aguest2 wrote:

Installed WinSCP 4.3 (build 1029) on WinXP Professional SP3, same error "Invalid access to memory"

One user mentioned the workaround of using a saved session. Confirmed, created a new saved session allowed me to connect.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

JY_N wrote:

I'm having the same problem too. Windows 7, 32-bit. Is there any way to fix this?
You can downgrade to 4.2.9. Anyway 4.3.1 with a fix will be released within a week.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: same problem!

invalid access to memory wrote:

win vista, 32bit,
worked well with 4.2.9 version,too.
Have you tried the latest version? 4.3.2.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum