Timeout waiting for external command to complete the command

Advertisement

Pushkar_K

Hi,

Thanks for providing us such a nice program.

I am using WinSCP to transfer files from my Windows machine to remote linux machine.

I get "Timeout waiting for ..." error when I try to transfer some large file for. e.g. 10 GB file.

I am using WinSCP.com with SFTP (and WinSCP 4.1)with automatically generated scripts.
Script works fine for files of sizes upto few 100 MBs.

I searched into forums about this problem ,but none of the posts are relevant to the problem I am facing.
Can you tell me where the problem is ?
Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

Pushkar_K

Yes, the same error.

But I am not redirecting output of WinSCP.com or WinSCP.exe.

What I am doing is running a bat file from command prompt that calls WinSCP.com /script=myScript.tmp and this WinSCP.com copies the files.

Will using keepalive option help ?

I did not use keepalive because while copying we are sending data continuosly , so server should not timeout.

Thanks for your timely response.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

No keepalive won't help.

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

JoseETX wrote:

I have the same problem.
What version of WinSCP? What are you doing actually? Have you read the article linked above?

Hi,

I am using WinSCP to transfer files from Windows Server to Windows Server.

I get "Timeout waiting for ..." error when I try to transfer some large file for. e.g. 18 GB file.

I am using WinSCP.com with SFTP (and WinSCP 4.2.9)with automatically generated scripts.
Script works fine before with a file of 10GB.

I searched into forums about this problem ,but none of the posts are relevant to the problem I am facing.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Irfan_s

I am using winscp and experiencing the same time issue mentioned above....first day it ran successfully without errors but second day onwards it started giving me a timeout error. I am using winscp version 4. Please help

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Timeout waiting for external command to complete the command

Irfan_s wrote:

I am using winscp and experiencing the same time issue mentioned above....first day it ran successfully without errors but second day onwards it started giving me a timeout error. I am using winscp version 4. Please help
Did you read the article linked in my first post?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum