Request for Autorestart of Stalled Connections after Timeout

Advertisement

Eye in the Sky

Request for Autorestart of Stalled Connections after Timeout

Hi, when uploading in background in GUI in binary mode using SFTP and version 4.2.8 of the program, probably due my isp lame witchcraft (constantly playing with traffic shaping), the connection gets stalled after a random time. Then a popup entitled 'Confirm' appears saying that server has not responded for 15 seconds (or whatever timeout I set up in New Session -> Connection -> Server Response Timeout) and the background upload stalls. It would be nice to have an autorestart-if-stalled option for my (at least background) transfers, otherwise one must constantly monitor the data flow and press the Abort button in the popup when it appears. After clicking the Abort button, the background task automatically reconnects and resumes itself, but before that it is the Abort button which must be pressed manually, unfortunately. Thank you.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Request for Autorestart of Stalled Connections after Timeout

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

martin wrote:

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

Hi, after more experimentation with 'New Session -> Connection -> Server Response Timeout', I found when this is set to a 60-second timeout, the 'Confirm' popup with an Abort button does not appear. Cool! Anyway, it would be still useful to have the option of automatic restart of stalled transfers after a given timeout. Also a number of possible restarts could be specified (either unlimited or a given number after which the 'Confirm' popup would appear).

Keep up the cool and useful work!

Thanks

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

If the dialog does not apper after setting timeout to 60 seconds, that means that when the timeout is set to lower value, the timeout dialog should disappear within the 60 seconds.
So if it does not for you, I would still like to debug this.

SteveM

I am not the original poster of this but am having the same issue. I'm sure my previous system would continue if left alone, but this one will sit for 24 hours waiting for a response to this prompt.

I have sent an email in case you would still like to debug this

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum