Windows 7 Jump Lists

Advertisement

lonestar69

Windows 7 Jump Lists

It would be great to have Windows 7 Jump Lists functionality so you can launch recent sessions directly from the taskbar. Putty recently added this feature to the 0.61 release and it is very helpful.

Advertisement

Ricardo
Donor
Ricardo avatar

Hi Martin,
I see you added it as described in Bug 527.
Have you made so sessions won't be shown if master password is set?

Advertisement

consistency
consistency avatar

i think ricardo thinks about privacy and it would also be a concern of mine.

sometimes you have customers sitting behind you and you simple don't want them to see which hoster you are reselling to them. if you named your server like "mysecrethoster.domain.com" and it is listed in the jumplist it is possible that you hover over it and someone sees something you don't want him to see.

it is allways good to have a ini/checkbox setting for such a thing "[x] show sessions in jumplist". could be on by default, but it is fine to be able to turn it off.

for me personally i dispabled the jumplist in globally, also i disalbed the awsomebar in firefox, the recent documents in windows,... why? i can't control what is shown there or better, i can't control what should not be shown.

for example, i really would like to use the firefox awsomebar autocompletion, but its simply not possible to white and blacklist folders from being show in the autocompletion. so i disabled it totally.

privacy matters, at least for a few of us :)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I understand the privacy concern. But I do not understand the link to master password. As it is now, even if master password is set, you still can see the stored session list on login dialog. What's the difference to seeing the same sessions on the jumplist?

consistency
consistency avatar

martin wrote:

I understand the privacy concern. But I do not understand the link to master password. As it is now, even if master password is set, you still can see the stored session list on login dialog. What's the difference to seeing the same sessions on the jumplist?
yeah, you are right, don't know it either.

maybe he will tell us :)

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum