bug: synchronizing ignore timezones

Advertisement

Max

bug: synchronizing ignore timezones

Synchronize window has comparsion criteria "Modification time", but if server has timezone = 0 and client computer timezone = +3hours all our files always marked as modified :(

tested on WinScp 5.0.5beta

Advertisement

Max

Re: bug: synchronizing ignore timezones

I use SCP connection to server with timezone = 0.
Looks like I need setup WinSCP my timezone. But why you can't get it automatically? From server by linux command, from local computer by WinAPI.

thank you.

Max

Maybe we are to each other is not understood correctly? I'll try write here example of my case:
Steps:
1. open SCP connection to any server (in my case my local timezone = +2h, remote server has timezone = 0h)
2. create new directory "test" on local disk
3. create new directory "test2" on remote server
4. copy local "test" to remote server

Expected: on remote server in "Changed"-column time of my dirs/files same as on local disk (for example 19:00).

Actual: on local disk I see time with my timezone (for example 19:00), but on remote server I see time with server timezone (for example 17:00). In result I can't use synchronize files by time.

Current solution: I can setup Enviroment / Server enviroment / Time zone offser = +2h

Questions:
1. not very logical setup time zone offset for "_Server_ enviroment" = +2h, when server has TZ = 0, but _local_ timezone = +2h.
2. is it possible to add option automatically detect difference and use it without manually setup it for each server?

thank you.

Advertisement

Max

martin wrote:

What protocol are you using? Really SCP? Have you tried SFTP?

With SFTP almost fine (winscp use timezone, but do not copy changedate with file).
With SCP - problem.

tested on WinSCP 5.2.5

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Max wrote:

With SFTP almost fine (winscp use timezone, but do not copy changedate with file).
Please attach a full log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you may email it to me. You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile. Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have emailed the log.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum