icon for all users

Advertisement

joebhoy

icon for all users

I have created a session and used 'Shell Icon' to create connection icon on the desktop. I have copied this to all users\desktop folder so anyone who logs in gets this icon. Problem is that it doesn't work for anyone except me? Am i doing something wrong here?
Joe.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: icon for all users

The icon refers to stored session, which is present in your account profile only. If you want to share this, you should better use an INI file accessible by all the users.

joebhoy

martin wrote:

The icon refers to stored session, which is present in your account profile only. If you want to share this, you should better use an INI file accessible by all the users.

OK - any pointers on how I would do this pleas ?

Thanks
Joe.

Freitag
Freitag avatar

joebhoy wrote:

I have created a session and used 'Shell Icon' to create connection icon on the desktop. I have copied this to all users\desktop folder so anyone who logs in gets this icon. Problem is that it doesn't work for anyone except me? Am i doing something wrong here?
Joe.

Instead of using your own ini file you can bury all the relevant details in the command line on the shortcut - assuming you don't mind the users being able to see the ID and PW

Create a shortcut to WinSCP and then view it's properties.

Edit the Target on the Shortcut tab
"C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\WinSCP.exe" /explicittls "ftp://USER:PASSWORD@SERVER:PORT"

Change the ftp:// to whatever is appropriate for your connection (the /explicittls probably won't apply to you either)

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum