Jump to a File while typing the name does not work with "-"

Advertisement

SomeGuest

Jump to a File while typing the name does not work with "-"

Hello,

i did read the FAQ about File Selection. i'm also working with the Commander Interface in WinSCP version 4.2.6. i often navigate in the area where the files are listed via keyboard. the focus jumps to a file if you type e.g. the first 3 letters of a filename. after that you can select the focused file via SPACE. this works perfectly and speeds up my working speed. But that does not work if there is a minus "-" in the filename. For example in the following case:

ver-someFile.txt
ver-otherFile.txt
ver-yetAnotherFile.txt

If i want the file "ver-yetAnotherFile.txt" focused, i would type something like "ver-y". but the focus jumps only to "ver-someFile.txt". The typed "y" is not recognized after the "-". this "selecting a file by typing its name" works in the Windows Explorer.

is there a special setting i should activate? Or is this changed in a newer version of WinSCP (i'm not sure if i can use a newer version in my current environment)? i already tried the "Windows Explorer-style selection of files" but it does not work (and i would like to use the Commander-style selecton of files).

thanks in advance for your help

Advertisement

Re: Jump to a File while typing the name does not work with "-"

martin wrote:

Thanks for your post. I'll check it.
Thanks.

Could you reproduce the problem?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum