Far 2.0 daily 64bit + WinScp

Advertisement

balint

Far 2.0 daily 64bit + WinScp

Hi, first of all I'd like to thank everyone for making WinScp, and the plugin for Far :)

Second, i'm trying to use it on Vista 64bit, all far plugins works as expected, but winscp is not.

Still under Vista 64bit, but with the far 2.0 32bit version, the winscp plugin works as expected.

What could cause the problem?
Do I need a 64bit version of the winscp plugin?
If there're no so, are the sources avaliable (i can compile it myself).

thanks!!!

Balint

Advertisement

balint

okay, i found the sourcecodes, and i've found out, there are no 64 bit version of Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero compiler till mid 2009.. now what can i do?:)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Anonymous wrote:

Can't wait to see WinSCP for Far 2.0 x64 too! :roll:
While I may upgrade the plugin to FAR 2.0, I can hardly make it available for x64 version as there's no x64 version of WinSCP.

Advertisement

sorin

No news on this? How much effort it would require to add x64?

Also I want to remark that the tracker is down (bad web server configuration).

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

sorin wrote:

No news on this? How much effort it would require to add x64?
My compiler does not support x64, so I need to upgrade it first.

Also I want to remark that the tracker is down (bad web server configuration).
thanks, I know, we are reinstalling the server on the go.

Advertisement

sorin

Thanks for answering this. It will be great to see the x64 version. Currently WinSCP is the only important FAR plugin not available as x64 build.

Don't you think it would be a good idea to use Google Code for SCM and bug tracker? It will be much easier for you and for users.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

sorin wrote:

Don't you think it would be a good idea to use Google Code for SCM and bug tracker? It will be much easier for you and for users.
I would like to invest my spare time to development and not to moving code around.

Advertisement

Re: Far 2.0 daily 64bit + WinScp

martin wrote:

I do not know. I haven't played from FAR 2.0 yet. Waiting for at least beta release.

Far does not have "alppa" or "beta" releases since 2.0 versions. "Stable versions" of 2.0 are stable enough to use? so you can upgrade to 2.0.

Re: Far 2.0 daily 64bit + WinScp

Far does not have "alpha" or "beta" releases since 2.0 versions. "Stable versions" of 2.0 are stable enough to use. so you can upgrade to 2.0.

(sorry, i'm still asleep...)

Advertisement

Px

martin wrote:

It won't be available any time soon.
Sorry for offtopic, but what about at least native version for Far2?
And Far headers in current source is too outdated, latest version for 1.75 can be found here - <invalid link removed>

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Px wrote:

martin wrote:

It won't be available any time soon.
Sorry for offtopic, but what about at least native version for Far2?
And Far headers in current source is too outdated, latest version for 1.75 can be found here - <invalid link removed>
Sure, in long term. FAR plugin is currently not a priority. Sorry.

Advertisement

$anya

I really enjoyed your WinSCP Plug-in 4 Far x86 and I want to ask you to make a 64-bit version. This Plug-in is a very necessary thing 4 me, because I work as a Linux system administrator. It'll be great if you represent a 64-bit version of WinSCP Far Plug-in. A great number of admins all over the world will thank you.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

$anya wrote:

I really enjoyed your WinSCP Plug-in 4 Far x86 and I want to ask you to make a 64-bit version. This Plug-in is a very necessary thing 4 me, because I work as a Linux system administrator. It'll be great if you represent a 64-bit version of WinSCP Far Plug-in. A great number of admins all over the world will thank you.
I cannot build a 64bit version yet, because my IDE does not support it yet.

Anton Shcherbinin

martin wrote:

I wonder Martin what IDE you use.
It's a pity Far x64 plugin is not a priority.
Anyway, WinSCP x86 is a great piece of software. I use it almost every day both at work and home. Thank you so much for your work, Martin.

Advertisement

zippy1981

martin wrote:

When will it support 64 bit binaries? Is there a ticket number I can track?

Also, have you ever considered porting the code to another IDE/toolchain? I'm sure Borland's IDE has many compelling features, but I wonder how many contributors you lose by using a C++ toolchain besides visual studio, automake or scons. I was going to make an attempt to at least compile the code, but having to purchase and install another IDE prevented me from doing so. If it was not for that barrier of entry I'd probably contribute this small change myself.

Justin

$anya

WinSCP Plug-in 4 Far 2.0 x64

There is a 64-bit version of PuTTY. You can find it here: https://splunk.net:444/page/putty_64bit It's not comfortable 2 have 2 versions of Far Manager: 64-bit 4 my native operating system and 32-bit because of WinSCP. Martin, I hope your IDE will support 64-bit applications as soon as possible and I'll go on with waiting WinSCP Plug-in 4 Far 2.0 x64. I wish you good luck in your development.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

zippy1981 wrote:

Also, have you ever considered porting the code to another IDE/toolchain?
I do not have a time to do that.

Advertisement

romankuzmik

Borland x64 bit compiler

FYI:
Support for 64-bit applications has been on the Delphi roadmap for some years, but has been postponed several times. The x64 compiler preview (command-line only) is planned for the first half of 2011. According to May 2010 road map, a native x64 RTL/VCL/Cross-platform environment is due later (no date announced).

Randolf Richardson

64-bit SCP client plug-in for Far Manager 2 x64

Hi. I use Far Manager 2 x64 for everything except SCP -- for this, I need to have a separate copy of Far Manager 2 x86 installed.

I know it's a lot of work to do these things, but I am hopeful that the SCP plug-in will be available soon so that I won't have to keep switching between the x86 and x64 editions of Far Manager.

This plug-in is the one I use the most, and there is nothing out there that beats Far Manager with SCP. A job very well done! Thanks!

--
The Lumber Cartel, local 42 (Canadian branch)
Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>

Advertisement

andel

Re: 64-bit SCP client plug-in for Far Manager 2 x64

move C:\Program files\FAR\Plugins -> C:\Program files (x64)\FAR\Plugins
old farscp worked for me.

Randolf Richardson wrote:

Hi. I use Far Manager 2 x64 for everything except SCP -- for this, I need to have a separate copy of Far Manager 2 x86 installed.

I know it's a lot of work to do these things, but I am hopeful that the SCP plug-in will be available soon so that I won't have to keep switching between the x86 and x64 editions of Far Manager.

This plug-in is the one I use the most, and there is nothing out there that beats Far Manager with SCP. A job very well done! Thanks!

--

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

sorin wrote:

I found no information regarding how to create a tracker account, it looks that it does not share the same user database with the forum.
Tracker is read-only.

Advertisement

Randolf Richardson

This is my message (I can't post in this forum without top-quoting), but I will start with the quote first.

andel wrote:

move C:\Program files\FAR\Plugins -> C:\Program files (x64)\FAR\Plugins
old farscp worked for me.

I tried your suggestion, but WinSCP just didn't show up in the 64-bit version of FAR Manager 2. Also, I found FarSCP (which is based on PuTTY code according to the documentation), but couldn't get it working either (it seems to be lacking some important features, like "overwrite confirmation" and similar things, plus some RSA security functionality, etc.).

I hope that WinSCP will be available for the 64-bit edition of FAR Manager 2 soon. I don't even care if it's a kludge, as long as it works.

--

x64

Randolf Richardson wrote:

I hope that WinSCP will be available for the 64-bit edition of FAR Manager 2 soon.

I've abandoned such a hope, but just found other plugin for Far2 x64 that works fine with sftp (and ftp and webdav in addition).

x64 wrote:

I've abandoned such a hope, but just found other plugin for Far2 x64 that works fine with sftp (and ftp and webdav in addition).

What plugin is that?

Advertisement

Sys

I hope WinSPC author will do his best.

Some new links for NetBox:

OSS-fan

Re: virus?? and no updates since may 2011

Anonymous COWard wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

F-Prot AV detects one of the other files on that web site ("FarSniffer_1.7.1_x32.zip") as a virus. Are these projects safe?

Open source code with viruses?!? Say it ain't so, please! This plug-in is desperately needed!

Advertisement

Grenader

Is there any news with FAR2 x64 version of the plugin?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Is there any news with FAR2 x64 version of the plugin?

Grenader wrote:

There's not even x64 version of WinSCP. So this is really far away.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: 64-Bit Visual C++ Toolset

KodloN wrote:

64-Bit Visual C++ Toolset (used by NetBox) is not the solution for porting WinSCP FAR plugin to x64 architecture?
Interesting is that they were able to reimplement WinSCP core into VC. But that's still long way to reimplement also the GUI. And do not want to maintain two WinSCP cores. Anyway, NetBox seems as very good plugin, so what's wrong about it? I'll probably contact its author and ask if he wants to cooperate with us.

Randolf Richardson

Re: 64-Bit Visual C++ Toolset

martin wrote:

KodloN wrote:

64-Bit Visual C++ Toolset (used by NetBox) is not the solution for porting WinSCP FAR plugin to x64 architecture?
Interesting is that they were able to reimplement WinSCP core into VC. But that's still long way to reimplement also the GUI. And do not want to maintain two WinSCP cores. Anyway, NetBox seems as very good plugin, so what's wrong about it? I'll probably contact its author and ask if he wants to cooperate with us.

That would be great. I actually think that SCP support built in to FAR Manager would be ideal, perhaps some direct cooperation with FAR Manager 3.0 development would be worth looking into as well since FAR Manager is open source now?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum