On the fly sfv and unrar

Advertisement

On the fly sfv and unrar

Hi

Absolutly love winscp as it is. I use it manily as a safe alternative to ftp.

:idea: A real time and space saver for me would be if you could build in sfv check and unrar on the fly.

Of course for that to work the files must be downloaded in the right order (.sfv , rar , r01 ...)

Br
DrKnowLittle

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: On the fly sfv and unrar

Sorry, but I do not plan to support this functionality. It is would not help too many people, I guess :-(

mawi

File validationa and post-transfer processing... SIMPLE WAY?

Hello! Validating data after a transfer is essential, and sfv is one good way of doing it.

More people are becoming aware of it and using it.

One simple way you could add such support is by allowing a commandline to be executed after each transfer. This would of course have to be defined as a "custom transfer command" that could be chosen, ie transfer and then execute a command.

Just that - one option in a dialogue and a new command would do it!

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: File validationa and post-transfer processing... SIMPLE WAY?

mawi wrote:

One simple way you could add such support is by allowing a commandline to be executed after each transfer. This would of course have to be defined as a "custom transfer command" that could be chosen, ie transfer and then execute a command.
You may define a custom command and execute it by yourself after the upload. I do not want to add another option that would work only with SCP protocol, because I believe that SFTP is the future and with it you cannot do this.
Also I believe that as SSH has its own CRC, where is no need for another check on file level. Do you think that it is?

Advertisement

Anthony Boone

Remote UnRAR in WinSCP

He is right. No sense in including such features when you can use custom command. WinSCP seems to be a very orthodox and pure program, of which you should appreciate.

Custom Commands are awesome. The custom command to unrar remotely should be
unrar e !/!

Make sure you show your results via terminal to make sure your unrar came out All OK.
It may throw an error the first time you use it. The error is remote and generally says "No files to extract," and is bypassable by simply re-running the same custom command. Enjoy!

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum