synchronize with include isn't working at all

Advertisement

marc.bau

synchronize with include isn't working at all

hi

i'd like to backup my server. i tried to use the synchronize function for this, but this isn't working at all. everytime it tells me "nothing to synchronize". What's wrong with the script?

[code]
open username@example.com
option transfer automatic
option include "/backup;/srv/www/confixx/html/webalizer;/srv/www/web*/log;"
synchronize local "D:\Backup" "/"
close
exit
[/code]

Regards
Marc

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: synchronize with include isn't working at all

You miss an inclusing of files contained in the directories. Anyway you would safer do this with 3 separate synchronize commands.

marc.bau

martin wrote:

You miss an inclusing of files contained in the directories. Anyway you would safer do this with 3 separate synchronize commands.

i tried different filters, and all are not working. For e.g.:

*/backup/*;*/srv/www/confixx/html/webalizer/*; */srv/www/web*/log/*;*/var/log/apache2/*;

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Again, please do 3 separate synchronize commands. Using your way you would have to explicitly enable all levels of the directories. Like
/srv/;/srv/www/;/srv/www/confixx/ ...

marc.bau

[quote="prikryl"]Again, please do 3 separate synchronize commands. Using your way you would have to explicitly enable all levels of the directories. Like
/srv/;/srv/www/;/srv/www/confixx/ ...[/quote]

i don't like to have 3 seperate synchronize commands if the software allows me to have one command.

why is it required to explicitly enable all levels? the normal sync command (if i split them in 3 seperate commands) sync the subdirectories, too.

Advertisement

Ryan_Ricks

i created an account this time.

i'm having the same problem. i need to synchronize files that meet a certain criteria through an undetermined number of sub-directories.

This thread seems like it is saying include masks only work for a pre-determined, specified directory.

Is there no way to apply include masks globally?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum