Moving to new server (Windows2008), cannot connect

Advertisement

MisterTHasAQuestion2

Moving to new server (Windows2008), cannot connect

I have had WinSCP working on our current server (running Windows2003 SP2) for a while, but we are moving to a new server (running Windows2008 R2 Std) and can't get it working. The install works fine, but when I hit Login in the GUI the white window appears for about 30 seconds, no text is written to it, and then the timeout message appears, "Network error: Connection timed out".

I've tried turning off the firewall and our Local Security Policy, but that doesn't help. I followed your instructions to create a logfile on my running server and my new server, but that doesn't help either. The first part of both is the same and then our current server logs the connection and our new one logs this:

. 2012-01-18 16:02:28.578 --------------------------------------------------------------------------
. 2012-01-18 16:02:28.594 Looking up host "xx.xx.xx.xx"
. 2012-01-18 16:02:28.594 Connecting to xx.xx.xx.xx port 22
. 2012-01-18 16:02:49.638 Failed to connect to xx.xx.xx.xx: Network error: Connection timed out
* 2012-01-18 16:02:49.638 (ESshFatal) Network error: Connection timed out.

I've tried installing V4.3.5 (Build 1463) & V4.3.6. (I was logged in as an administrator)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Moving to new server (Windows2008), cannot connect

Are you connecting from or to the new server?

Can you connect with any other SSH client? Or at least telnet the xx.xx.xx.xx:22 ?

MisterTHasAQuestion2

I'm attempting to connect from our new server to a 3rd party server(We can still connect to 3rd party server from our current live server).

I've tried connecting using telnet. I can connect from our current server, but not from the new server. I get this message: "Could not open connection to the host on port 22: Connect failed".

MisterTHasAQuestion2

Also, just in case it helped, I've just tried installing V5.0.5beta and that didn't work either. The log file recorded the same details.

MisterTHasAQuestion2

Fixed! Apparently, the server we were calling to needed to know our IP address for us to connect to it. I've not told them the new IP address.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum