Beta 5.0.5 built-in editor UTF

Advertisement

Prokes

Hello,

Is it possible the built-in editor to fully support UTF encoding? We have a problem to display Chinese and Japanese characters properly. When we try to enter/edit some text, only question marks are displayed.

Thanks!

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Beta 5.0.5 built-in editor UTF

What UTF? UTF8, UTF16, UTF32? Does your file have BOM? Can you attach an example file you are having problem with? Does the problem appear, when you create a new file, File(s) > New > File?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Thanks. But can you attach the file as text, so I can try it for myself? The best is, if you ZIP it first, so it does not get altered while posting.

Prokes wrote:

This regards UTF-8 files properly created/saved in Eclipse or any other editor except WinSCP internal one.

I have the exact same problem. Accented characters do not display properly in the internal editor. When I see the same files in any other editor, or even in nano through Putty, the characters show correctly.

I am using UTF-8 throughout the chain, from the remote application to the managed server.

Advertisement

Prokes

martin wrote:

Thanks. But can you attach the file as text, so I can try it for myself? The best is, if you ZIP it first, so it does not get altered while posting.

Here we go with the test file.
Description: UTF-8 Chinese example file

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum