Support for copy/paste from local to remote from keyboard in explorer interface

Advertisement

mcking65

Support for copy/paste from local to remote from keyboard in explorer interface

I am blind and use only keyboard not mouse. I copy a file to clipboard in Windows Explorer and would like to be able to paste it into a WinSCP window, and I can not. There is no paste option in the file menu and control+v does not work. The only way I have found to do this is to use the sendto WinSCP option from the Windows Explorer context menu, which is a real pain by comparison.

Could this be rectified?

Thanks.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Support for copy/paste from local to remote from keyboard in explorer interface

I may add the option eventually. However you may copy files using keyboard with WinSCP as well. WinSCP has local directory in the left panel, while the remote directory in the right panel. You may copy files between the panels with F5 key.

mcking65

Re: Support for copy/paste from local to remote from keyboard in explorer interface

Interesting, I didn't even know there were two panels. How do I move focus to the local directory panel and how do I control which directory is displayed there? Right now tabbing just moves between address and directory list in the remote side.

F6 is a common key for moving between frames or panels. That does not do anything.

The other odd keyboard behavior is that pressing and releasing alt does not move the focus to the menubar as it does in most Windows programs.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

mcking65 wrote:

Interesting, I didn't even know there were two panels. How do I move focus to the local directory panel and how do I control which directory is displayed there? Right now tabbing just moves between address and directory list in the remote side.
Well, there are two selectable interfaces. One has local panel, one not. "Norton commander" interface is the one that has it. Select it on Preferences tab of login dialog.

To switch between the panels use the tab key.

Note that the "Norton commander" interface has different keyboard-shortcuts than the "Explorer-like" one, which you probably use now. Also the "Norton commander" interface is designed to be controlled by keyboard, so it is probably better for you.

The other odd keyboard behavior is that pressing and releasing alt does not move the focus to the menubar as it does in most Windows programs.
It works for me in the both interfaces.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum