Selection of files by dragging the "rectangle" in WinSCP 5

Advertisement

webian
Donor

Selection of files by dragging the "rectangle" in WinSCP 5

It's trivial, but in WinSCP 5 to select files by dragging the "rectangle" the mouse pointer must be outside the column where the file names are.
It should be possible to start dragging everywhere in that column except where the file name begins, like in WinSCP 4 or Windows Explorer.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Selection of files by dragging the "rectangle" in WinSCP 5

I've tried, but I could not find an obvious solution. Will try it again later.

ks
Donor

Update

To avoid opening a new topic I'll add here. First of all, I agree with webian. But if implementing what he says is not trivial, consider the following.

Also, with full row select on selecting files doesn't work at all - they are always dragged, no matter which column you start selection on. Can you fix it so that it would work at least like with full row select off?

Also, personally, I never use drag-n-drop in WinSCP, if only by mistake. Can you add an option to turn it off completely? In that case even if I start selection on a filename it could start selection, not dragging.

My OS is Win7, WinSCP 5.1.1.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Update

ks wrote:

Also, with full row select on selecting files doesn't work at all - they are always dragged, no matter which column you start selection on. Can you fix it so that it would work at least like with full row select off?
That's the same. Will give it one more try.

Advertisement

ks
Donor

Ok, I think I got it. You mean in Windows 7 there's no listview control with details mode to use for file listings just like in Explorer so you can't have rectangular selection at all?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

ks wrote:

Ok, I think I got it. You mean in Windows 7 there's no listview control with details mode to use for file listings just like in Explorer so you can't have rectangular selection at all?
Not sure if I understand you.

The list view in Windows 7 Explorer is not the standard Windows list view component. Despite it is actually looking almost exactly as one. It is custom built component used for the Windows Explorer only and it cannot be used by third-party developers. The standard list view component in the default style (XP-like) supports the selection we want. But if you set it to modern visual style (so that it looks like Windows 7 Explorer), it stops behaving like we want. Probably the only solution for this would be to implement selection completely from a scratch. But that's insane task. Still hoping for some magic answer :)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

ks wrote:

Then can we try not to set it to the modern visual style? (option)
I would not like to go this way.

Advertisement

ks
Donor

Personally, I dont care about the new visual improvements of windows 7 and would be fine with the good ole XP look if this is possible of course.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum