Cannot see existing file.

Advertisement

heineman.bob

Cannot see existing file.

I am trying to download a file from an ftp site using ftps with explicittls mode on. In filezilla I am able to see this file on the remote server but within the WinSCP GUI and command line scripting (using an ls) I cannot see the file I want to download. It doesn't have a recognizable extension as it is a custom file. I have updated my portable exe and com components to the most recent version and still no change. Am I missing an option?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

heineman.bob

File Type

The file types are nonsense like .47v25jd3453kd and I can see the other folders in the directory I just cannot see any files with this unconventional name. But this extension changes. I have no control over the naming and I cannot add files to check if other files are visible from this destination but I do know that they are there because I can use a different application to see them and download them manually but the problem is that this is supposed to be an automated process. Any ideas?

Advertisement

heineman.bob

File Logs

These are file logs connecting to the same site using filezilla which can see 3 files and winscp which can see 0 files.

I had to block the ip / port / user name for privacy reasons but they are they same in each connection.

Thanks in advance!

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: help

Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.

Advertisement

heineman.bob

Thanks!

Prikryl,

That fixed my issue! Thank you for all your time and effort with getting this to work correctly. After setting the show hidden files to off I could see my files out on the ftp server. You have made many people happy with this. Thanks again.

Bob

P.S. Do you want those trace logs for each situation?

klonos

Re: Folders starting with a dot do not show

martin wrote:

Files starting with dot are considered hidden. Make sure you enable Show hidden files:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_pref_panels

Also some servers filter files starting with dot themselves.

I'm having this issue with /usr/share/php/.channels directory. I have the "Show hidden files" option enabled. Perhaps this only works for files (for example I'm able to see .htaccess & .gitignore files) and not with directories?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Folders starting with a dot do not show

klonos wrote:

I'm having this issue with /usr/share/php/.channels directory. I have the "Show hidden files" option enabled. Perhaps this only works for files (for example I'm able to see .htaccess & .gitignore files) and not with directories?
Please attach a full log file showing the problem using the latest version of WinSCP.

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you may email it to me. You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile. Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have emailed the log.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum