Editing Files were conected with FTP with Encryption

Advertisement

Wadim

Editing Files were conected with FTP with Encryption

Hey,
i have the problem that i can't edit textfiles while im connected to my server, with other clients it works.

I'm connected with FTP and SSL Explicit encryption or with TLS Explicit encryption. It won't work with both.

the problem exists in version 4.3.7 and 5.0.6 beta.

bye wadim

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Editing Files were conected with FTP with Encryption

What does it mean "i can't edit textfiles"? What happens? Any error message?

Wadim

I edit mit PHP-File and only the half of the file would be trasfered to the Server.
The file is not boken or any thing, but the content ist not complete --> and the code don't work. The content must be longer than 62 lines.
There are no error message.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Please post a full log file showing the problem.

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you may email it to me. You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile. Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have emailed the log.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Thanks. Does it ever happen when you upload the file directly (not from editor)? Do you have access to server-side log?

Wadim

yes the problem exist too when i upload files with the ftp-client direktly

Mon May 07 15:56:52 2012 0 ::ffff:ip-adress 2633 fileroot/css/style.css a _ o r username ftps 0 * c //download
Mon May 07 15:57:31 2012 0 ::ffff:ip-adress 0 fileroot/css/style.css a _ i r username ftps 0 * c //upload

after that i fixed the file per ftp

Mon May 07 16:05:06 2012 0 ::ffff:ip-adress 0 fileroot/css/style.css a _ o r username ftp 0 * c //download
Mon May 07 16:05:15 2012 0 ::ffff:ip-adress 2647 fileroot/css/style.css a _ i r username ftp 0 * c //upload

Linda Kaioh

Hi! I'm not sure if it's same problem but looks like it is.

WinSCP version 5.0.7.2268 on Windows XP Prof SP3. Upgraded from 5.0.6.2074. Protocol is FTP. Using GUI in NC style.

I'm trying to edit text file from FTP server. Text file is in UTF-8 encoding with text in Russian. File name also contains cyrillic characters (server is FileZilla and it sends directory listing in UTF-8). I press F4 and wait for transfer to be completed. Then WinSCP shows internal editor. In this editor program shows only small part of file or in some cases niothing at all. In status bar it shows "UTF-8". When I switch to windows-1251 editor shows full text (not decoded).

So I think editor just incorectly decode UTF-8 text.

Wadim

Hey,
the problem is like you discribe that, but ohnly like ;)

i have no problems then ssl ist deaktvated. only then i using FTPS. same file, same editor.

Advertisement

Wadim

the file is ok then i upload it without ssl...
the file is uploaded emty or onle a half then i use ssl...

it is equal where i edit the file...
(edit on the server or edit on the computer and upload it seperatly)

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum