Thanks for 5.0.3 & some suggestions

Advertisement

Ricardo
Donor
Ricardo avatar

Thanks for 5.0.3 & some suggestions

Special thanks for this fix: "Increased socket internal buffer size for SSH with option to disable it. It improves transfer speed"
With previous versions I was only uploading at a low 35KB/s, now I can do it at my full 630KB/s speed.
But where is that "option to disable it"? (not that I would use it, just can't find it).

I see you started adding features again, so I'd ask a few:

• Add an item "Lock Toolbars" in the right-click menu of toolbars inside session panels.

• Option to display file sizes in long format (instead of short format) on status bar.

• New modern Windows 7/Office 2010 icons and Office 2007 interface theme, no not the ribbon crap. But Please keep icons lightweight, WSCP should stay fast ;)
  • Option to set F5 hotkey to Refresh instead of CTRL+R in Command interface. Because that is the default key for refresh everywhere in every OS, why this interface should be different?
  • "Index out of bounds" when changing directory View style when using Explorer interface, and nothing is displayed in file list afterwards -- anyway, I've never tried this interface before.
  • Can't left click + drag'n'drop more than 1 item selected, ie. I select many files, but when I click to drag them, only 1 stays selected and is actually dragged.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Thanks for 5.0.3 & some suggestions

Ricardo wrote:

But where is that "option to disable it"? (not that I would use it, just can't find it).
Optimize connection buffer size on Connection tab of Login dialog.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Add an item "Lock Toolbars" in the right-click menu of toolbars inside session panels.
Issue 754 – Lock toolbars command on Commander panels toolbar context menu

Option to display file sizes in long format (instead of short format) on status bar.
Issue 755 – Full file size on status bar

New modern Windows 7/Office 2010 icons and Office 2007 interface theme, no not the ribbon crap. But Please keep icons lightweight, WSCP should stay fast ;)
Issue 290 – New toolbar icons

Option to set F5 hotkey to Refresh instead of CTRL+R in Command interface. Because that is the default key for refresh everywhere in every OS, why this interface should be different?
Well, WinSCP is different. It follows the Orthodox file manager pattern:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_manager#Orthodox_file_managers

"Index out of bounds" when changing directory View style when using Explorer interface, and nothing is displayed in file list afterwards -- anyway, I've never tried this interface before.
Issue 753 – Failure when changing view style in Explorer interface

Can't left click + drag'n'drop more than 1 item selected, ie. I select many files, but when I click to drag them, only 1 stays selected and is actually dragged.
Issue 756 – Cannot drag more than one file

Ricardo
Donor
Ricardo avatar

Thanks for adding them to tracker.

I forgot to write one more suggestion I had in mind:
  • Some way to copy an entry from "Session Location profiles" to "Shared Location profiles".
And one that come into my mind right now:
  • Considering WinSCP now remembers opened session folders, it could also remember the last used session and make it selected by default if it is inside an open folder. This way, we can start the last session with just an Enter when the program starts.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Some way to copy an entry from "Session Location profiles" to "Shared Location profiles".
Issue 759 – Copy items between shared and session-specific bookmarks/location profile lists

Considering WSCP now remembers opened session folders, it could also remember the last used session and make it selected by default if it is inside an open folder. This way, we can start the last session with just an Enter when the program starts.
Issue 760 – Remember the last selected stored session on the Login dialog

adem0x

Well, WinSCP is different. It follows the Orthodox file manager pattern:
I agree that WinSCP is different – it is a great app well above the average.

But, that alone shouldn't keep you from following the OS conventions ;)

You could, if you please, let us use F5 on the focused tree.

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum