Compare directory : Wrong "No difference found"

Advertisement

fpabernard

Compare directory : Wrong "No difference found"

Hello,

WinnSCP could be fanstastic for me, in order to obtain a NTFS image of a network drive.

But it happens that WinSCP does not see any differences on directories obviously different.

It happened for example on the "Users" folder from a drive : empty on the local drive, 5 folders on remote. The same inconstancies are found when using the "Synchronize ..." command. All files under "Users" are not found.

I fixed the problem by using another tool to copy the missing folders to the local NTFS target.

The setting is (not sure for labels, I use french version) :
  • from distant to local
  • mirror files
  • remove files
  • see changes
  • compare with file sizes only (as I have problems with I hour shift for some files, despite having checked "use DST" in the Environment tab in session dialog)
I use SFTP and the GUI to connect to the NAS (which is OpenMediaVault)

Regards,
Fred

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Compare directory : Wrong "No difference found"

Please attach a full log file showing the problem.

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you may email it to me. You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile. Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have emailed the log.

fpabernard

Hello,

I have reproduced the bug on another folder : see screenshots : no differences found with the "Synchronize" command but the directory listed on each panel has different names (although similar)

Best regards

Description: Screen shot options "Synchronize"

WinSCP_Topic_11390_Capture2.JPG

Description: Screen shot result

WinSCP_Topic_11390_Capture1.JPG

Description: Log file

fpabernard

Oh, thank you !

I understand I should turn off filename modification.

However, I think I had an erroneous "No difference found" on directories without special filenames (in fact, WinSCP did not see there were missing subfolders in the target folder). If I encounter again something like this, I will complete this topic.

Best regards.

Fred

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum