Drag+drop to windows7 explorer gives an empty dir "scp58086"

Advertisement

Phil SwRe

Drag+drop to windows7 explorer gives an empty dir "scp58086"

Version 4.3.2 build 1201
Not sure if this only started since moving to Win7 from XP.
SFTP (+ fallback) 5 / SSH 2? No special settings (e.g. sudo su)

Get a different dir each time, e.g. "scp09834"
Only happens when dragging to explorer, so have a work-around: Change commander LHS to the required local directory and drag it to that - all works ok then.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Drag+drop to windows7 explorer gives an empty dir "scp58086"

Please try to reinstall WinSCP and reboot after install.
Let me know if it helps.

Freitag
Freitag avatar

It's strange. I've been using WinSCP for almost a year on Win 7 (64bit) and it's been just fine. But about a month (give or take a week) ago that started happening to me.

I was using the 5.x and dropped back to the 4.x version to see if it would go away. It did not.

The remote server for me is FileZilla on a Windows 2003 (I've not tested with others since this started)

I think it was caused by some patch from Microsoft. I have done the install + reboot and it still happens.

Oh, also I am now losing connection frequently and having to wait for a reconnect. Again I think this is a Microsoft caused issue.

I'm running under a non-privileged account.

My work around is select all files to copy and right click and use copy menu and select destination folder. So this has not been a show stopper at all.

Phil SwRe

Re: Please try to reinstall WinSCP and reboot after instal

App is installed as part of a corporate build, I can't just re-install.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Freitag wrote:

It's strange. I've been using WinSCP for almost a year on Win 7 (64bit) and it's been just fine. But about a month (give or take a week) ago that started happening to me.
I have sent you an email to address you have used to register on this forum.

Advertisement

Freitag
Freitag avatar

martin wrote:

Freitag wrote:

I have sent you an email to address you have used to register on this forum.

Yesterday afternoon I went from the 4.x version to the latest 5.x version and I know one thing I did differently on install. Previously I always chose "custom upgrade" and this time I used "full upgrade" and the problem went away.

I tested on both Windows-FileZilla/FTP(over SSL) and Linux/SFTP and got good results both times.

Also the repeated loss/restore of connection only happens when connected to Windows server, so it is not a client issue.

I still think it was some problem caused by a Windows patch that started the initial issue, but by always using the custom upgrade I did not get to run the code that would have fixed it.

I should have replied with this information to your email last night. Sorry for the delay and thinks for your help!

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Happy that it works for you finally. Though it is hardly related to Custom/Full upgrade. All that Full upgrade does, is that it skips couple of pages in the installer, the same way as, if you click the Next button yourself.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum