Win 7 - Recent Sessions - with version 5.0.8 build 2438 RC

Advertisement

RobHam

Win 7 - Recent Sessions - with version 5.0.8 build 2438 RC

On my win 7 64bit machine, WinSCP is listed in the start menu with a tab of recent sessions.

Most of the historical sessions will load from this tab, apart from just one that will not load.

The session in question is from a recent previous post I was investigating which has a ftp logon details of anonymous@ftp.sec.gov

The record in the sessions tab incorrectly has the session recorded as SSH2 SFTP but should be recorded as just FTP. Hence clicking the session link will hang because it will wait for a connection on port 22 (should be port 21). So appears to be something that needs a fix.

I will investigate further later tonight.

Advertisement

RobHam

Re: Win 7 - Recent Sessions - with version 5.0.8 build 2438 RC

RobHam wrote:

On my win 7 64bit machine, WinSCP is listed in the start menu with a tab of recent sessions.

Most of the historical sessions will load from this tab, apart from just one that will not load.

The session in question is from a recent previous post I was investigating which has a ftp logon details of anonymous@ftp.sec.gov

The record in the sessions tab incorrectly has the session recorded as SSH2 SFTP but should be recorded as just FTP. Hence clicking the session link will hang because it will wait for a connection on port 22 (should be port 21). So appears to be something that needs a fix.

I will investigate further later tonight.

Replying to my own post.

I think the reason this fails is because anonymous@ftp.sec.gov gets added to the jump list.

But I have not created a WinSCP stored session for anonymous@ftp.sec.gov, hence WinSCP does not know how to connect to this user/host because ad-hoc connection settings are not stored.

The following post seems to infer that only stored sessions should be added to the jump list, but seems with 5.0.8 that ad-hoc sessions are also added.

https://winscp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7818

Originally reported as bug 527

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum