transferring all htm files on all dirs

Advertisement

garybis

transferring all htm files on all dirs

Hi,
I'd like to transfer all the htm files on my local site to my server, including the main dir and all sub dirs. Hopefully this is possible with one command?

Thanks Gary

Advertisement

garybis

Re: transferring all htm files on all dirs

martin wrote:

Do you want to do that from the GUI or automate it?

From the GUI would be fine, but if an automated method is easier to implement that's fine also.

Gary

garybis

garybis wrote:

Hi,
I'd like to transfer all the htm files on my local site to my server, including the main dir and all sub dirs. Hopefully this is possible with one command?

Thanks Gary

I'm a little surprised at no reply? Is this that hard to do? Or, a dumb question?

I have a site with 864 htm files on many dirs, and have to resend all of them to my server when a change is made to the template file -- this is a genuine hassle.

Gary

Advertisement

garybis

martin wrote:

I could help if you describe what step you are having problems with.
Yes, you can upload whole folder or set of files using WinSCP at once.
For general help on uploading, please see
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/task_upload

I want to upload only the .htm files (not the jpg, pdf, ... etc.) and I'd like to do all the htm files on all directors from the top directory down.

The way I've done this in the past is to go into each directory (several dozen of them), sort the files by type (so all the htms are lumped together), select all the htms, and copy them to the server panel. Seems like there must be a better way?

Gary

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum