WinSCP CMD-Line Timeout issue

Advertisement

bwelsh40

WinSCP CMD-Line Timeout issue

We are using the WinSCP product for one of our clients for FTP\SSL. The GUI version works great, no issues. The problem I am having is uploading with the CMD-Line version of the tool. I can make a connection via ssl using the cmd-line and I can even issue a change dir command, but I cannot get the cmd-line to put/upload a file. I have attached a screen shot for review. The settings are pretty basic, so I am not sure what is happening. Our FTP server is a Microsoft IIS 7.5 2008R2 server. The only firewall involved is our hardware firewall and all ports necessary are open for FTPS along with a block of data ports. As I stated the GUI version of WinSCP works fine, its the cmd-line I am having issues with. Unfortunately this is the clients requirements. I don't have any problems connecting with another cmd-line tool via ssl and uploading (Not sure if it is OK to post the name of that product).

I also must apologize I don't not quite understand the cmds and switches in the help section on the site, so I don't really now how to go about testing different situations with the tool. I have set the timeout period to 9999. This made no difference in uploading via the cmd line.

Thanks in advanced for any help.

WinSCP.png

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP CMD-Line Timeout issue

Please post a session log file showing upload of a single file, both from GUI and command line.

bwelsh40

martin wrote:

Please post a session log file showing upload of a single file, both from GUI and command line.

I believe I know what the issue is. Since our FTP server is behind a NAT the WinSCP client (CMD-LINE) is not seeing the IP used to initiate the connection for the Data Channel. This is only applies to the CMD-Line version of WinSCP, because in the GUI version the logs are showing that it is using the original IP and not the IP the server is recommending back to client, which is the private.

My question now is what, if any, switches can I use to tell the command line to use the same IP for both the Data and Control Channels? For example the other product i mentioned has -natpasv as a switch to make it use the same IP. Does WinSCP CMD-Line have this capability?

Thanks.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

With the latest version (5.1), it should do it automatically, both in GUI and scripting.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum