Search window features

Advertisement

UliBru

Search window features

Hi,

many thanks for a great program.

I would love to get some features for the Search window:
1. sorting the resulting listview by click on a header in the listview. So e.g. sorting for size or date would be very helpful.
2. a Delete button in addition the Focus button to directly delete a file selected in the listview.
3. the Focus button jumps to the file as intended but the search window is closed. So finding and selecting files is quite compicated. Focus a file, delete it, run search again, select next file ...
It would be better if the serch window remains open when focusing a file.

Best regards
Uli

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Search window features

UliBru wrote:

1. sorting the resulting listview by click on a header in the listview. So e.g. sorting for size or date would be very helpful.
Tracked here:
https://winscp.net/tracker/902

2. a Delete button in addition the Focus button to directly delete a file selected in the listview.
There should be some more generic solution. Link importing the find results into file panel, so you can manipulate the list as a regular files.

3. the Focus button jumps to the file as intended but the search window is closed. So finding and selecting files is quite compicated. Focus a file, delete it, run search again, select next file ...
That's non trivial task.

Re: Search window features

martin wrote:

Ok, so I've just to wait :mrgreen:

martin wrote:

There should be some more generic solution. Link importing the find results into file panel, so you can manipulate the list as a regular files.

That's non trivial task.

I also guess so. That's why I have proposed the Delete button in 2. This should be quite simple. And it avoids the repeating procedure described in 2. Maybe for others buttons like Rename or Copy may be helpful too. Just the basic file functions ...

BR
Uli

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum