New build, still crashes like the old one

Advertisement

minimouse

New build, still crashes like the old one

I'm now running Version 5.1.0 (Build 2625). This is on Windows XP Pro (with all updates). Server reports SFTP-3. Using GUI - Commander mode.

Last night I started a large single-file download from my server. Periodically, a dialog pops up saying:

WINSCP: SFTP, FTP and SCP client has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Exception Information
Code: 0x0eedfade Flags: 0x00000001
Record: 0x0 Address: 0x000000007c812afb

There are two buttons "Send Error Report" and "Don't Send", but if I just move the dialog out of the way it's possible to see that the transfer is still in progress, with speed and % completion being updated as normal. Also the menus and interface are responsive. After I while I get annoyed with this stay-on-top dialog (or eventually the WinSCP interface stops responding) and click Don't Send, then WinSCP exits and I have to restart the transfer.

What else can I tell you to help diagnose this problem? It's a very simple scenario but does not crash predictably. Sometimes it will run for hours before the error popup, sometimes only for a few minutes.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: New build, still crashes like the old one

Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum