Page in blank

Advertisement

UM

Page in blank

Sometimes, when I try to open a .html file to edit it, I find that the page is in blank. However, when I go to the website, I can see that page perfectly well, without any problem. On some occasions, I only get part of the code of the file. It happens both with files that are already on the internet and files that I have downloaded to my computer. I don't get any error message or anything. At the bottom of the page it says "Line 1 of 0" and, curiously, when the file opens it is possible to undo, although nothing happens if I click on this option. Refreshing the page does not work and closing the programme and opening it again doesn't work, either. The encoding of these files is exactly the same as that of other files which do work (1252 - ANSI Latin I). I am using Windows 7 and the problem started when I upgraded from WinSCP 4.2.8 to 5.1.0, although it continues with 5.1.1.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Page in blank

Are you opening the file with Internal editor of WinSCP? Would it work if you use an external editor? Files > Edit (Alternative) > Notepad

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum