login timeout with ftps (pure-ftp server)

Advertisement

jseymour

login timeout with ftps (pure-ftp server)

I am a longtime user of winscp. We have secured our ftp server with ssl using the pure-ftp server. I had a user recently that complained that if they typed in the password they would get a time out message. At the time I was still on the 4x version and could not duplicate the issue. I discovered that the user was using the new 5x version which I upgraded to and the issue happens regularly.

We are using ssl explicit encryption

The error I get is:

Timeout detected.
Connection failed.
User ftpdown2 OK. Password required

I had 5.1.1 installed and it seemed that if I copy and pasted the password it ould not timeout - now with 5.1.2 it seems to never work.

Ithe 4x version never had a problem and I can connect without issues using filezilla. No timeouts are set on the server - except a 15 minute idle session timeout.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: login timeout with ftps (pure-ftp server)

Please attach a somplete session log file both using successfull session in WinSCP 4 and unsuccessful using WinSCP 5. Thanks.

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you may email it to me. You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile. Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have emailed the log.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum