Keep Remote Directory Up to Date -- auto skip files in use?

Advertisement

chippy

Keep Remote Directory Up to Date -- auto skip files in use?

Hi,

I'm using the Keep Remote Directory Up To Date function, and it seems to work well. However, I keep getting an error message indicating that the file is in use (it's a folder accessed by a number of users). I have to click "skip" and then it continues with the normal process. However, this defeats the purpose of having an automatic sync--I have to manually intervene to keep the process going.

Is there any way to make WinSCP automatically click "skip" (or just ignore these files) so I don't have to manually intervene?

Thanks.

Advertisement

Chippy

hmmm

now it keeps popping up a "x errors occurred during your last process. Do you want to see them?" Is there any way to avoid this dialog box?

To be clear, it looks like WinSCP is detecting a change whenever someone even opens one of the files in the sync directory, then generates an error because that file is open and it presumably can't transfer it--which is odd behavior.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: hmmm

Chippy wrote:

To be clear, it looks like WinSCP is detecting a change whenever someone even opens one of the files in the sync directory, then generates an error because that file is open and it presumably can't transfer it--which is odd behavior.
WinSCP definitely does not detect, when file is open. But some applications (notably Microsoft Excel) have odd behaviour, where they update file timestamp to current time, whenever you open the file. Reverting the timestamp to its original value, when you close the file without saving it. Then, WinSCP would behave as you describe. Can it be the case?

Advertisement

Chippy

Yes, they are all excel files

Indeed excel files are the ones causing the problem. Is there any sort of workaround?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Yes, they are all excel files

Chippy wrote:

Indeed excel files are the ones causing the problem. Is there any sort of workaround?
Unfortunately, no. Any hint for workaround?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum