multiple remote folders

Advertisement

zedicus

multiple remote folders

i am not a windows user normally so pardon my noobish. is there a way to get 2 remote folders open next to each other, instead of 1 local one remote. having a local folder of the pc i am currently sitting in front of is fairly useless to me.

thanks

Advertisement

Restless

I dont want to transfer files between 2 remote files, i only want to show 2 different folders at the same time. i dont need the local directory.
Is this not possible to implement? (without possibility to transefer between) i dont want fxp or ftp. only show files and edit.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Restless wrote:

I dont want to transfer files between 2 remote files, i only want to show 2 different folders at the same time. i dont need the local directory.
Is this not possible to implement? (without possibility to transefer between) i dont want fxp or ftp. only show files and edit.
For that you can have two instances of WinSCP running side by side.

Advertisement

Restless

yes, but there is no way to hide the local side, so i have smaler remote :( is there no way to implement 2 remote view without transfer or something?

Another Guest

Re: multiple remote folders

I totally support this request as well. One way it could be implemented would be like in Total Commander: for each pane, left and right, have multiple tabs, each on a different directory. That would be a great addition.

And congratulations on a very nice program!

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: multiple remote folders

Another Guest wrote:

I totally support this request as well. One way it could be implemented would be like in Total Commander: for each pane, left and right, have multiple tabs, each on a different directory. That would be a great addition.
Thanks for your post.

This request is being tracked already:
https://winscp.net/tracker/768

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum