Timestamp differences due to timezone and DST

Advertisement

disign

Timestamp differences due to timezone and DST

Hello, thanks for the wonderful software and all the efforts You put in supporting it.
I am getting different timestamps when synchronizing with ftp.
Win 7 x64
WinSCP 5.1.3 2881
GMT+2 with DST, FTP connection no timeshift
I'm synchronizing remote directory \local target, mirror, based on timestamp\, local folder is empty. After synchronization in local folder i have file with stamp 2 hours earlier than the remote. On second synchronization the file is downloaded again due to 2 hour timestamp difference. On manual copy the overwrite confirmation dialog states 1 hour difference. Log file - gmt_plus_2_dst.log

If I change local machine to GMT with DST, synchronization works as expected and timestamps are equal. On file overwrite confirmation again there is one hour difference, but after copy timestamps are equal. Log - gmt_dst.log

If local machine is GMT no DST everything is working as expected. Log - gmt.log

Tested with another FTP server same results. Tried using timeshift option, not giving expected results because it is designed to correct server errors not local issues.
Thanks in advance.
Description: GMT
Description: GMT DST
Description: GMT+2 DST

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Timestamp differences due to timezone and DST

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum