5.1.1 Local browser stops functioning. Invalid Memory Access

Advertisement

Ciantic

5.1.1 Local browser stops functioning. Invalid Memory Access

I reported this earlier, but since it was only partially fixed in 5.1.1, I report it again.

Bug 1. The local browser (in commander) stops working sometimes. It allows me to select files and such, but I cannot browse to another local folder. Must restart WinSCP. (5.1.1 fixed that after sync it no longer goes broken, but it still continues to go broken sometimes)

Bug 2. Separate to above bug, I also get infinite loop of "Invalid Memory Access" dialogs sometimes. And I must kill the WinSCP from task manager.

Have not yet been able to come up steps to reproduce them reliably. Nevertheless both happens several times a day as I use WinSCP continuously.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: 5.1.1 Local browser stops functioning. Invalid Memory Access

Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.

Ciantic

Re: 5.1.1 Local browser stops functioning. Invalid Memory Access

martin wrote:

Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.

Sorry, I missed that one. The problems persists, I'm now using 5.1.2 and same problems as in 5.1.1.

You may send a new debug version, I'll bookmark this page.

Ciantic

Argh, I missed it again, terribly Sorry. I'm still though experiencing "Invalid Memory Access" in 5.1.3.

If you still want to send me a debug version I can try. I added your email address to white-listing filter so it appears in my inbox in the future.

Advertisement

mr. bubble

Windows 7 - 64 bit here as well. Using 5.1.3.2881
Invalid access to memory windows pop-ups on every attempt to create a folder in local tree.
Folder creation succeeds though despite that message. But mentioned above other lockups here too.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

alanhecht & mr. bubble:
Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Ciantic

Got my first freezing (no Invalid Memory Access dialog).

I must admit this Debug version has worked much longer periods than 5.1.3. It was running about three days in syncing, log file was 600MB.

Attached is a log file from few last minutes of this freezing. (I've sent the Invalid Memory Access to your email earlier)
Description: Last minutes of the log file from session that froze.

Ciantic

It works now, with 5.1.4

Hi!

Just to inform that problems I had with earlier versions have now been fixed. Thank you! The 5.1.4 have been working for a long time without problems with my sync intensive workflow.

However, I have encountered freezes when using FTP protocol (I rarely need to use it), but that might be something to look at. SFTP works just fine.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: It works now, with 5.1.4

Thanks for your feedback.

Ciantic wrote:

However, I have encountered freezes when using FTP protocol (I rarely need to use it), but that might be something to look at. SFTP works just fine.
Please email be a session log file. Thanks.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum