WinSCP 5.1.1 - Exception window "Abnormal Termination"

Advertisement

DD

WinSCP 5.1.1 - Exception window "Abnormal Termination"

I developed a .NET application that performs file transfer (SFTP) by running winscp.com in the background using .NET System.diagnostics.process library. Somehow, at random time, WinSCP threw an exception window's message box saying "Abnormal Termination". After this happened, the Windows OS became abnormal like can't open notepad, task manager, services, process explorer, or even WinSCP.exe (same exception). I was still able to open window explorer normally. The only thing to get this thing back to normal is to log off windows and log on again. Please help how to solve this issue. thanks a lot..

Advertisement

DD

Re: WinSCP 5.1.1 - Exception window "Abnormal Termination"

Hi Prikryl, as per your recommendation, I will use the latest version which is 5.1.5 and see if things are still persisted or not. Meanwhile, do you have any information on any possibilities that causing that error?
I have attached some logging from winscp. Thank's a lot.

martin wrote:

Can you reproduce this with the latest version?

excalibur

Winscp 5.1.7

Hi, The issue still persisted using latest WinSCP 5.17. I have enabled "DEBUG2" Logging in WinSCP.exe but somehow, when "abnormal termination" popup showed, nothing was written in the log file.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Winscp 5.1.7

excalibur wrote:

Hi, The issue still persisted using latest WinSCP 5.17. I have enabled "DEBUG2" Logging in WinSCP.exe but somehow, when "abnormal termination" popup showed, nothing was written in the log file.
Are you able to reproduce the problem with WinSCP 5.2.3 beta?

Advertisement

excalibur

Re: Winscp 5.1.7

I'm afraid it can't be done because our policy doesn't allow beta app to be implemented into production environment. thank you..

martin wrote:

excalibur wrote:

Are you able to reproduce the problem with WinSCP 5.2.3 beta?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum