Synchronization and Windows Scheduled Task

Advertisement

Synchronization and Windows Scheduled Task

Hello,

When I run a .cmd file containing a WinSCP synchronization call from a Windows scheduled task the log says that there are no files to synchronize. If I manually double click the .cmd file the log states that WinSCP found the file(s) needing to be synchronized and completes successfully. Does anyone have a suggestion regarding what I'm doing incorrectly with the scheduled task? I verified that the account tied to the scheduled task has access to the local directory (R:\_website_event_images\).

Here's the log that states there is nothing to synchronize even though there is:

> 2013-06-20 15:00:03.137 Script: synchronize -filemask="*.jpg" remote -mirror -delete "R:\_website_event_images\" /events/
< 2013-06-20 15:00:03.137 Script: Comparing...
. 2013-06-20 15:00:03.137 Collecting synchronization list for local directory 'R:\_website_event_images\' and remote directory '/events/', mode = Remote, params = 0x1003 (Delete, NoConfirmation, Mirror)
< 2013-06-20 15:00:03.137 Script: Nothing to synchronize.
> 2013-06-20 15:00:03.137 Script: close
. 2013-06-20 15:00:03.137 Closing connection.

Advertisement

I was able to resolve this issue by using a FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) instead a mapped drive. Turns out the account I use for running the scheduled task does not have access to mapped drives.

synchronize -filemask="*.jpg" remote -mirror -delete "\\domain.com\raid\_website_event_images\" /events/

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Synchronization and Windows Scheduled Task

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum