Large files disappears after copying ?

Advertisement

Large files disappears after copying ?

I tried to copy large files with drag & drop method. (393M and 162M) after downloading files to temp folder they disappear. Winscp only seem to delete them. Is there a file size limit on winscp ?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Large files disappears after copying ?

Please make sure, that file is really not in destination folder. There's bug in current version of WinSCP, which causes large file not to be listed in local directory, even if they really are there.

martin wrote:

Please make sure, that file is really not in destination folder. There's bug in current version of WinSCP, which causes large file not to be listed in local directory, even if they really are there.

I have the same problem described, however the file _really does not_ copy. I copied a 4.1Gb file using WinSCP v2.3 (there was 30Gb free on the dest. drive), and WinSCP gave no error messages, and when it had finished copying the file was nowhere to be found. I exited WinSCP and then went into DOS and the file really was not there.
I can give you further details if you want.

Paul Roberts
pcr20atcam.ac.uk (replace 'at' with @)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I have the same problem described, however the file _really does not_ copy. I copied a 4.1Gb file using WinSCP v2.3 (there was 30Gb free on the dest. drive), and WinSCP gave no error messages, and when it had finished copying the file was nowhere to be found. I exited WinSCP and then went into DOS and the file really was not there.
I can give you further details if you want.
Are you able to reproduce described error?

martin wrote:

Are you able to reproduce described error?

appologies - I may be mistaken. I tried with a different machine and the file copied successfully (although I noticed, as mentioned, that the file is not displayed).

I will try again with the setup which I had problems with and see if I can repeat the problem.

Paul

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum