Spaces not shown in front or back of Dir name

Advertisement

cchiacch

Spaces not shown in front or back of Dir name

At times my staff will by mistake put a space in the beginning of a directory name and the jsp program that recognizes this directory throw an error when it attempts to use this directory . Winscp doesn't show those spaces and I can't tell when they are there. How do I see those spaces when this FTP client doesn't show them? Is there an option I can take to have it show exactly what is in the name including these spaces?

Carl

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Spaces not shown in front or back of Dir name

Please attach a full log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you may email it to me. You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile. Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have emailed the log.

cchiacch

not sure you understand the problem

Logging isn't going to solve the question of not being able to see spaces in the front and or back of the Directory name.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum